With numerous weight loss companies emerging today, one should do a proper analysis to figure out the most convenient and effective weight loss plan. The diet program should believe in the concept of ingesting fewer calories than letting the body burn them to attain weight loss. Out of several programs that promote weight loss, the most popular ones are Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers. But how will you know which diet is the best one for you? Well, there are majority of people who get confused between these two plans. Therefore, some of the similarities and differences of Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers have been discussed below.
Overview of Nutrisystem
Nutrisystem is dietary meal plan that comes prepackaged to your door for 28 days in a month. The plans of Nutrisystem are tailored as per the requirements of men, women, diabetics, vegetarians, and older people and so on. The foods are shelf stable and need no refrigeration. You simply need to warm it up in a microwave and relish your delicious meals. The meals need to be supplemented with low fat dairy foods and fresh produce from the grocery store.
- Eliminates the need for planning and preparing meals as food for an entire month is delivered to your shipping address.
- Diverse meal programs to suit the requirements of every individual
- Separate meal plan for vegetarians as well
- Weight loss counseling is offered at no additional cost
- Constant support to help dieters achieve their fitness goals
Overview of Weight Watchers
Weight Watcher is a weight loss program that encourages you to consume modest quantity of all foods. The dieters need to calculate points instead of calories as each food is assigned with a point. The daily points are allocated to individuals on the basis of age, gender, weight and physical activity level. The weight is checked on a weekly basis at the meeting organized by the leader of the company that typically goes on for about an hour. Weight loss concerns, tips, success and support stories are shared in the meeting. Dieters can select high fiber and low fat foods by allocating low points to foods that are high in fiber and low in fat.
Weight Watchers Benefits
- Freedom to eat all your favorite foods including junk foods like burgers and fries
- Dieters learn ways to cook their meals and healthy eating habits
- Moral support through online in addition to weekly meetings
Nutrisystem vs. Weight Watchers Similarities
Both Nutrisystem and Weight Watchers limit the calorie consumption of dieters. These brands encourage people to eat foods low in fat and high in fiber. There is no need of counting calories on both plans which makes it a lot more convenient and easy to follow. When you follow Nutrisystem or Weight Watchers, you will notice weight loss of about 1 to 2 lbs every week.
Nutrisystem Vs Weight Watchers Differences
- Nutrisystem offers dietary meals that are freshly cooked and packed, therefore dieters need not cook their own food.
- Nutrisystem is portion controlled and prepackaged meal plan designed with an objective of promoting safe and effective weight loss within a short span of time.
- Dieters of Nutrisystem are required to place orders for meals, snacks and desserts on monthly basis.
- The foods are shelf stable and hence there is no hassle of storing it in the refrigerator.
- Nutrisystem D plan is specifically designed for diabetics to control blood sugar and helps overweight people with Type 2 diabetes shed weight.
- Nutrisystem does not have point counting concept as it supplies meals to users after portioning it correctly to meet the daily calorie requirement.
- No joining fee or membership fees required for Nutrisystem.
- Nutrisystem subscribers are encouraged to exercise although it’s not the main part of the diet.
- The diet program by Weight Watchers does not provide meals and hence dieters have to shell out money to buy and prepare their own food. It may not be feasible for those with time constraints.
- It is a point based program that encourages dieters to consume modest quantities of foods. Weight Watchers provides only recipes and users are required to prepare food daily. The foods are assigned with specific point value and hence you need to count the points.
- Dieters need to measure and keep a tab on the foods they eat in addition to attending weekly meetings.
- Physical workouts are an integral part of Weight Watchers diet program.
Nutrisystem Vs Weight Watchers Comparison Table
|Diet Plans||Special plans for men, women, vegetarians, diabetics||Varied programs offered for nursing mothers.|
|Meals||Portion controlled meals per day to ensure the calorie count does not exceed. The daily calorie count is around 1200 to 1500 per day.||Dieters are allowed to eat almost everything and the program works on point system. Users need to ensure that the allocated points do not increase.|
|Menu Options||Over 150 foods to choose from.||No food is provided by the company, dieters need to prepare meals by themselves.|
|Home Delivery of Meals||Yes||No|
|Tracking Weight Loss||No need to count calories as foods are already portioned with low calories and online tracking tool helps in keeping track of the weight loss progress||Tracking is required to be done manually as the program is based on points. A few points are allowed and dieters should not go beyond those points.|
|Support Tools||Counseling sessions, Online chat, and user forums||Weekly meeting to discuss success stories, concerns, tips and so on|
|Results||Weight loss results can be achieved without putting much of effort||Dieters are required to work hard to lose weight with physical workouts and healthy foods|
Thus, Nutrisystem is a nutritionally balanced diet program for weight loss and has become highly popular over the years. It does offer effective weight loss outcomes and has helped several people get rid of excess fat. Besides, it has helped to improve the overall health as well as fitness levels. This program is ideal for someone who is looking for quick results and doesn’t want to get into the hassle of cooking meals. Also, most people with hectic schedules won’t get time to track the points and hence Nutrisystem works best for such people.